Pages

Saturday 16 September 2017

windmill

Aim: 
I want to create a windmill.

Research: 
I want to create a windmill that will make power for the compound:

  • What materials conduct electricity?
A: The materials that conduct electricity best is metals.


  • What materials are windmills made of?
A: Windmills are typically constructed out of steel.

Plan:
Because I do not have access to metals and steel, for my windmill I will use cardboard for the tower of the windmill and it shall have popsicle sticks for the blades. The materials I shall need are listed below:


  • 8 Popsicle sticks,
  • Some cardboard,
  • Tape
  • windmill

1 comment:

  1. Jacob
    This is a great start and an example of our school vision 'A centre of creative excellence' in action in science. The approach you are using is called 'Rapid Prototyping' and comes from Design Thinking.. you come up with an idea, use whatever materials you have on hand to try a fairly quick trial of your idea to see if it will work. The technique is used OFTEN in industry. I'd love to see the outcome for you.. maybe some photos, a description, an explanation, and your reflections on what worked and what didn't, on a blog post?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.